Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Introduction: Name Piece

I began the process of revision on my daybook “Name Piece” with the first draft that I created at the beginning of the semester when our class began to discuss the significance and origins of our names. I originally wanted to revise the piece leaving the focus on my name, how I got it, and the quirky reactions that I receive from people who I meet for the first time. As a read over my first draft, my eyes were constantly drawn back to the section where I briefly discussed that my grandfather wanted a granddaughter named Nicolette and the clever monetary reference in many of my family member’s names, including my own. From my first draft, I decided to go a different route and write a short biography that focused on my grandfather and tied his success as a horseman to his children and myself.  After typing the second draft, I decided to place my biography on a glog that would hold pictures of my grandfather and other family members with the horses that have shaped three generations of the Lovell’s. In doing so, I created a hybrid genre. Glogs have become a genre of their own; they are digital poster tools that hold vast amounts of digital media. With the glog, I included a biography, which details the life of a person with factual information. By blending these two genres, I created a “Biographical Glog” that honors the memory of my grandfather, Cash Lovell Sr..

No comments:

Post a Comment