Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Introduction: Photo Story Piece

I was very intrigued by the mini lesson that began the interest for my “Photo Story Piece”. I even used the idea for my Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age Class with a photo prompt activity that allowed students to write a story from a famous photo of the Civil Rights era. My revision began after reading over my first draft, I knew that I wanted to continue with the piece and find another picture to use and change my story so I searched online for a picture taken during the Great Depression. After I found an interesting photograph, I pasted it onto a word document and began typing a short narrative from the perspective of the young boy in the foreground of the photo. From the second draft, I moved to glogster and created a glog that includes the narrative, photo, video from “SchoolTube”, and graphics. To create this final product, I used the glog genre (glogs have become a new and innovative digital genre) and histoical photo based writing to create a fictional narrative genre, which uses photography as a creative writing prompt. The fictional narrative genre allows the writer to create a narrative that is completely made up, they can make the narrative realistic or unrealistic and branch into any other genre they choose such as science fiction, fantasy, memoirs, and many others . I combined these two genres to create a “Fictional Narrative Glog”.

No comments:

Post a Comment